top of page
Basilica D' - Sepulchral
Situated at the western part of Nea Anchialos, outside of the ancient walls.
Basilica D' or Sepulchral is a three-nave one with vestibule, yard and additional buildings. Very identical are the square rooms which are formed at the two long sides of the building, as well as the arch roofed graves.
The theme of the floor mosaics are very interesting as they present geometrical forms, animals, birds etc. (5th-6th century a.C.).
Basilica D' has been firstly excavated in 1934-1936. Additional excavation took place in 1972, when important findings brought into light.